Production Blog: Still Making a Few Edits

Hey bloggers! Welcome back. Today, I am going to be looking back at my film and continuing to make more changes. Today I was analyzing the pacing and order of the scenes. Every time I rewatched it, something didn't seem right. I could never put my finger on it. I have been thinking about this all week, trying to figure it out. I tried moving the scenes around. Trying new structures of the plot but it strayed too far from the pitch, which made it confusing. I was getting increasingly frustrated while I was doing this. It was putting my creative thinking into work and it was stressful. I decided to rest for a few days and clear my head, and rewatched the sequence again. I realized that I overthought this too much. All the sequence needed was a few seconds cut off of it for the pacing and transitioning to look better. After I figured this out, I started looking for fluff in the sequence that could be cut off and it wouldn't matter, it wouldn't hurt the sequence. I also kept in mind to be careful to not take out too much of the sequence so it wouldn't be cut so short. I also kept in mind cutting out parts of dialogue that might make the rest of the sequence not make sense. I cut out a few seconds of the music and dancing during the driving to the campsite scene. This scene was long and had a terrible effect on the pacing of the film. I also cut out a few seconds of the eggs cooking because it was too long, and it wasn't an important scene. Well, that's all bloggers. Thank you for reading! See you in my next Blog.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Finishing Touches